I thought it would be fitting to further celebrate the day with a My Top 5 about things I like about Friday.
And, no, that Rebecca Black song did not make the list!
Here are My Top 5 Favorite Things About Friday…
1. The work week is over! Was there any doubt that this would take the top spot on my list, Modern Philosophers? I’m a Writer, not a working stiff, and it pains me to have to answer my alarm clock’s call every morning and head off into the rat race.
Now that it’s Friday, I can put the day job out of my mind, change into my Lounging Toga and simply chill. It’s so delightful to not be chained to a desk…
2. My curfew is two hours later. That’s right, Party People, I’m allowed to stay up two hours later on Friday since it’s not a work night. How awesome is that? Now who wants to get wild? Just make sure I’m back to The House on the Hill by 11:45.
3. New movie releases. Even though I won’t be going to the movies anytime soon since I don’t have a girlfriend and I hate going by myself, Friday is still the day that all the new movies hit the theaters. When I was a teenager hanging out on the mean streets of Brooklyn, I always looked forward to Friday nights so I could catch the latest flicks with my buddies. Looking back now, I understand why I might have trouble finding dates…
4. It’s my lazy cheat night. Since Friday nights aren’t date nights at this point, I pick up something crappy to eat at the grocery store (there’s definitely a naughty dessert in the mix) and just veg in front of the TV as I catch up on the shows on my DVR. Again, this might explain why I am single.
5. Zombie attacks are down 50% on Friday nights in Maine. For some reason that even the Maine Zombie Control Bureau cannot explain, Zombie attacks are down across the state significantly on Fridays. Maybe the Zombies take a break, maybe they head to the movies to catch the new flicks, or maybe it’s their cheat night, too.
Then again, what would Zombies eat on their cheat night? It’s enough to make a Modern Philosopher wonder. But not too much. It’s Friday night after all!
Honorable Mention: Long Weekends, Friday Night Think Tank, Friday the 13th
So what did you think of my list? What are some of your favorite things about Friday?