Some of you religious scholars might refer to it as Holy Saturday, but at The House on the Hill, where things are so much more laid back, it’s simply Easter Eve.
It’s been a while since I’ve published one of My Top 5 lists, so I thought I’d resurrect the franchise (oh, don’t moan…you know that’s my kind of humor!) with an Easter themed post. Are you ready to hop on down the Bunny Trail with me for this?
Here are My Top 5 Things About Easter:
1. Any chocolate peanut butter Easter candy I love anything chocolate peanut butter, so shape it like an Easter Egg, the Easter Bunny, or an Easter Brussels Sprout, but just put it in my Easter Basket and I will be a happy camper.
I’m trying to eat healthy, so I can’t be enjoying such treats much anymore, but since I was raised Catholic, it is my religious obligation to honor Jesus’ sacrifice by eating such candy.
I’d go to Hell if I didn’t. The Nuns told me so.
2. The Easter Bunny As I writer, I just love the idea that such an insane legend could take root in children’s minds and be passed on as plausible from generation to generation. A giant bunny that breaks into houses to leave baskets of candy? If I pitched that as a screenplay idea, I’d be laughed out of the room. The Easter Bunny has some awesome writers and publicists, and I hope the legend lives on even after the Zombie Apocalypse.
3. Writing Material Every year, Easter inspires a rash of posts for this blog (don’t worry, the rash vanishes the day after Easter). The first time I ever met Ti-Diana, who is now one of my closest friends and someone on whom I have a terrible crush, was when I interviewed her for an Easter blog post. Easter has also inspired many monologue jokes for The Nite Show. Still love that Palm Sunday joke from last year.
4. Easter Eggs I just love the colors. Aren’t they so beautiful? Sure, the FDA recently released a report stating that Green Easter eggs make you horny but I don’t see that as a bad thing. I loved hunting for them when I was younger, and I have happy memories of coloring them. The egg salad sandwiches that they eventually became always hit the spot.
5. The whole “Was Jesus a Zombie since he rose from the dead?” debate Yes, I love writing posts about whether on not Jesus was a Zombie since he rose from the dead. This is my favorite Is Jesus a Zombie? post. Hey, this blog is all about inspiring Deep Thoughts and laughter, so I think that post does the job. I’m still hoping Jesus gets a cameo on The Walking Dead.
Honorable Mention: Peeps, Jellybeans’ revival, Easter Bonnets, Hopping down the Bunny Trail
What did you think of My Top 5, Modern Philosophers? Did I miss anything? What would be on your list?